This is the midway point of my
studies here in UTAR. I had never thought or see myself here in UTAR doing a
corporate communication degree course. I was thinking of pursuing an
engineering degree course and use it as a stepping stone to get into AirAsia
academy to be a pilot. Pilot has been my ambition, something that reminds me of
who I am, my past and defines my future. That part of how it came to be will be
another long story. For this post I just want to talk about my sudden change of
course and how it had change or impacts my life.
This sudden
change came as I discovered that my chance of becoming a pilot is as low as impossible
and engineering is not my thing. So I took off, march into corporate communication.
I was thinking at first that I should be able to handle as I have been working
as an event coordinator. The job scope is very similar, I should have an upper
hand, there should not be any problem, and should be a smooth ride.
Then PR
happen, I failed. This is the wake up punch. This is when I accepted the fact
that I can’t live in search for dream that I need to face the real calling of
the real world, be practical. I need to step it up, and start walking, one step
at a time. Past PR the following semester, then start running, pulling up my
CGPA, setting a few new goals and have a clearer vision on my lifelong goals. Now
at this moment, I haven’t took off from the ground yet, but at least i am
already on the run way, going through the take off procedure, sky will not be
the limit I can break through all of it.
Till this
point, I am glad with the sudden change of course. This not just because of
what I have mention but lots more that I have encounter. The friends I met,
from semester 1 to semester 5, the transformation of from course mate to
friends to best friends to brother and sister to the people that I want to be
around for a long long time.
This bunch
of people, there have influence me in many different way. They may be younger,
older same age or even some old enough to be my grandparents, but what they
gave me was not just a fine memory, but a part of my life that shape me that I
would not be me without. Indirectly motivate me to be a better me. Show me the
way when my vision is blur. You all may not hear it from me, but i really wish
to thank you all. Maybe my ego and my pride is too strong, even so is you all
that give me the courage to move on with my ego. What Mr Chan Chai say was
right, you are amazing, you are special, I really love you all but if possible,
I would not want to wish you all goodbye.
This is
what UTAR and my UTAR Family has gave to me, a chapter of my life that is far
better than any book I have read, any movie that I have seen. Four more semesters
to go and we will need to part ways, hopefully, this chapter of my life will keep
us close.

No comments:
Post a Comment